Sigma Beauty is proud to support the ASPCA® as a cruelty-free, PETA-certified beauty brand!
Co-founded by a veterinarian, all of our products are manufactured and developed using methods that do not involve experimentation on animals. We, at Sigma Beauty, strongly believe that testing on animals is not necessary, and is a thing of the past. There are several in vitro tests, meaning performed or taking place in a test tube, culture dish, etc., that can assess the safety of cosmetics.
Founded in 1866, the ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) is the first animal welfare organization in North America and serves as the nation’s leading voice for animals. More than two million supporters strong, the ASPCA’s mission is to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States. As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, the ASPCA® is a national leader in the areas of anti-cruelty, community outreach and animal health services.
Follow the ASPCA®
WHAT DOES THE ASPCA® DO?
The ASPCA® helps with:
- Animal abuse and neglect investigations
- Forensic evidence collection and processing
- Rescuing animals and transporting them to safety
- Setting up temporary shelters to treat animals
- Placing them in local shelters once they're ready for adoption
- Providing legal services to ensure that those involved are brought to justice
WHAT SIGMA IS DOING TO HELP
April is Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month. For the month of April Sigma Beauty is a proud partner of the ASPCA® to help further their important mission!
Sigma Beauty is committed to a 100% cruelty-free lifestyle. For the past 8 years, all of Sigma Beauty's makeup brushes have been considered cruelty-free and vegan as they feature synthetic bristles: SigmaTech® and Sigmax®. These exclusive fibers were designed and carefully tested to last longer and mimic animal hair. Synthetic-bristle brushes are more hygienic and effective than natural-bristle brushes because they are nonporous and don’t absorb or waste product.
In addition to our brushes, Sigma Beauty has an extensive list of other vegan products, meaning manufactured without using any animal products. This includes a large assortment of makeup, plus all of our brush care tools, brush cleansers and blending sponges. We are continually working to develop and reformulate our makeup, whenever possible, to align with vegan qualifications.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Animal shelters across the country are reaching max capacity
- Approximately 6.5 million animals enter animal shelters each year
- Resources are depleting to help accommodate the growing population
- Approximately 1.5 million animals are euthanized each year
BEHIND THE SCENES
BEHIND THE SCENES
- Sigma Beauty employees brought in their rescue animals to help us kick off this campaign!
- We are proud to have employees who share our passion in creating a cruelty-free culture by adopting not shopping!