HOW TO CLEAN YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES WITH THE SIGMA PALMAT®
No one likes cleaning their brushes. You know it, I know it, we all know it. You’re supposed to clean them every week, but it’s an arduous process that can so easily be “forgotten” on the long list of chores life throws at us. It’s quite simply not a good time, especially if you have a large brush collection.
The Sigma Palmat® is the solution to that problem. You can say goodbye to dirty brushes when you strap this innovative gadget to your palm and clear your cache of dirty brushes in 6 easy steps.
1. You can either strap the Sigma Palmat® onto your palm with the adjustable straps or attach it to the inside of your sink with its firm-hold suction cups
2. Apply 1-3 pumps of your favorite brush cleanser directly onto wet brush fibers or the WASH texture of your Sigma Palmat®. We recommend our classic SigMagic® Brushampoo™ Liquid for this!
3. Create a lather on your Sigma Palmat® by sweeping your brush in a circular motion across the WASH texture. Make sure to use the right side for your brush! Eye brushes use the smaller, grid-like pattern and face brushes use the larger, rounded bumps
PRO Tip: You’ll know your brush is clean when it starts to make a cute squeaking sound!
4. Rinse under warm water and repeat the steps 2 and 3 on the REFINE texture for an added deep clean! Again, use the right side for your brush! Eye brushes use the smaller dots and face brushes use the larger dots.
5. When you’re done, you can use the Sigma Palmat® as a squeegee to remove excess water
6. Place your damp brush upside down to dry. This is very important for protecting your brush investment. Drying brushes upside down helps prevent moisture from sitting in or seeping into the ferrule which can cause damage and shedding. We love our Sigma Dry’n Shape® products for this because they're uniquely designed to hold brushes upside down. The elastic bands squeeze-dry bristles to restore their shape and function while cutting your drying time in half!